lundi 5 octobre 2009


Jeffery Beach / india trip


The air is cooler today. We've had some light rain and the mists shroud the mountains with their light touch as they move gently on, constantly changing shape. in my silence, I hear the soft wind play the tall acacia tree as a crow caws and the bul-buls chirp in the distance. There are human sounds too, a buzz saw goes about its work far away, held, no doubt, by a man concentrating on his work. Underneath it all is this fabulous silence that is the glue holding it all together, orchestrating my perception to feel the majesty of all I sense. It is a continuous manifestation, it is life. The rain just started falling, applying its rhythm to the leaves of the tropical bushes and plants. The wind's small gusts bask my skin with a welcome coolness that reminds me of far away places and not the India I have come to know. It is a simple pleasure, to be sure, but it is in sharp contrast to the stickiness endured day after day.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire